I have been hearing so much about the weather lately, there used to be a joke...
Everyone complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
Now I hear we all think we can do something about it.... perhaps...
Here in the northwest we have wonderful weather... if you are a duck.
Let's see, it has been raining off and on, mostly on... for 4 days now... and this morning the weather man said, 4 more days of rain, followed by "perhaps some low land snow". That is me! Last Saturday it got to 60!.... what a wonder! This photo is of the ferry that takes me home, the waves broke right over the bow, it pushed the motorcycles and any thing else not tied down into the cars parked behind. Everyone got wet, and seasick, I love it here. The following is a short list from a famous wise cracker... about living here. We like it anyway!
THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST according To Jeff Foxworthy
1. You know the state flower (Mildew).
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
3 Use the statement 'sun break' and know what it means.
4 You know more than ten ways to order coffee.
5. You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the 'WALK' signal.
8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it's not a real mountain.
9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Tully's.
10. You know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon.
11. You know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Issaquah, Oregon,Yakima and Willamette.
12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food.
14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark while only working eight-hour days.
15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
16. You are not fazed by 'Today's forecast: showers followed by rain,' and 'Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers.'
17. You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of mind.
19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover.
20. You notice, 'The mountain is out' when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
21. You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks on.
23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time.
26. You measure distance in hours.
27. You often switch from 'heat' to 'a/c' in the same day. If you have air!!!
28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
29. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, winter, StillRaining (spring), Road Construction (Summer), Deer & Elk season (Fall).
30. You actually understood these jokes, because you live here too.