Thursday, December 11, 2008

♥ Work space at Home ♥

♥ Work space at Home ♥

When I first started my little home based business, it was difficult to find space for my sewing machines, the computer and the shipping/wrapping supplies. It was all over the house, especially the computer stuff! I was always in there working away, missing out on the family stuff that was going on just down the hall. We have a "great" room that has the living area, dinning area and the kitchen completely connected, not very fung shui, but very cozy for family relaxing and communication. We had this TV cabinet that was not being used for a TV. I finally solved my "disconnect" by moving all my computer stuff in to it and rolling it right into the kitchen. I put my whole computer desk in this one space, with supplies and a cork board on the inside of the doors to pin important stuff. I put a keyboard drawer just under one of the shelves, and the printer fit in the bottom. I hang my computer glasses just inside. I have my favorite amiguri Kitty mascot on top of my computer tower to watch over me. Sometimes even my real kitty runs by...........



At bedtime or when we have visitors I simply close the doors and it is just a nice cabinet sitting along the wall in the kitchen. Then when I need to get to work I open the doors and roll up my chair. Organization is my middle name, and having it all in a central area so I can work and still bond with my family is the best of all possible outcomes! I hope my idea gives you ideas how to keep the home in home based business.

2 comments:

moxylyn said...

This is a WONDERFUL idea. It may be what I end up doing if and when we move to a smaller place.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome cabinet TerryAnn!