Sunday, March 17, 2013

Smells in my Elevator

Dear Reader...
     I have had a few elevator adventures and I am saving those up for another post... but lately I have been making note of the strange and wonderful smells I have experienced in my elevator.  First you should know that I live on the 20th floor and the elevator has a window/glass wall that looks over the city so I get a wonderful view of the street and all kinds of life going on there.  As soon as I moved here last fall, I realized I would be spending a lot of time going up and down to my car, to the street, to the mail box, and other errands.  I began to notice that when there was a smell in the elevator I had plenty of time to think about what it was... at one of my first discerning moments I decided I had to take notes... It was a strange mixture of ...
  • Cheetos and wet stinky dog
     I visualized a guy with a bag of Cheetos who had just walked his dog out in the rain.

The list continues for several more rides, I smell...
  • Tacos
  • Sweaty workout someone
  • Paint
  • Strong perfume - Bad!
    All fairly easy to understand why they would be in an elevator... then this one.
  • A sour Ginger smell
     I was visualizing someone was carrying some kind of sushi, with ginger on it...but somehow it was rotten.

Next came these...
  • Rotten Orange
  • Beer
  • Compost
  • Oddly metallic
     Then my state legalized the private use of small amounts of Marijuana... so
  • Strong smell of Pot! I tried not to second hand smoke any!
Finally I got some fairly nice smells...
  • Flowers
  • Cheeseburgers
  • Nail Polish remover
  • Perfume - good!
Now I am paying attention and taking notes quite often.  Here comes...

  • Gas
  • Yeast - like a bagel
  • Super stinky tennis shoes.
     This brings me up to today... I may continue my list or perhaps realise this is a silly exercise that shows how small my brain actually is, in any case, I do wonder what goes on in the cubicle apartment, life of my fellow renters that so many smells get out to the elevator and beyond.



No comments: