Thursday, October 9, 2008

the Daily Verse

Some of you who are my regular readers may have found your way all the way down to the very bottom of the page where I post the "daily verse". A year ago or so I was searching for a devotional type of ~ something ~ some wisdom ~ so I could just open a mini study right here at my computer. Well after several attempts at it and not finding just the right thing either because of content or style. I found the "daily verse" and I signed up. Here is how it works, each weekday in my email I receive a verse with a little comment after it by the author. She always seems to pounce right on the very point of the verse, her comments are insightful and poignant in ways that cheer my heart and help me meditate on the love of God and his precepts. I hope that you will not miss the daily verse when you visit this blog ~ scroll down and check out what verse is there for you today.
Here is one I found so insightful, useful and it was just for me!
"So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 9:26,27
~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes we feel like we're running on a treadmill, getting nowhere, running aimlessly. As you step into today, consider discipline and control, and be intentional about where you're headed. Perhaps you don't have the strength to complete a marathon, but one step at a time, seek the Lord's grace, and draw from His reservoir of endurance. He will give you what you need to press forward. "

3 comments:

P and P said...

Very appropriate lesson for me today! Thank you

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Very much appreciate your inclusion of the verse...thank you!

Happy blogging,
Tina
Pfeiffer Photos

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing this verse. It was just what I needed today -- many days after you posted it!